There is a non-refundable confirmation/registration fee of $300 USD.
Placement fee is $300 USD per week at a minimum of 4 weeks ($1,200 USD), with an additional $150 USD short stay fee for individuals staying for 4 weeks or less.
Confirmation/Registration Fee covers:
- Financial support for your internship and projects
- Airport pick up
- Tour & orientation in the local city/community
- Administrative fees
* We require the Confirmation Fee sent no later than two weeks after your acceptance to intern with Nkwa Foundation. Confirmation/registration fee is due prior to receiving the invitation letter necessary for obtaining your Ghanaian Visa.
Placement Fees cover:
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- Internet access (unlimited)
- Cellphone with registered sim card ($30 USD deposit required)
- Program administrative costs
- In-house security service
- 24/7 emergency support
* Placement Fees are due no later than 30 days before your arrival in Ghana.
Our internship programs were created to financially support the operations of the foundation. All surplus income from the placements are used to fund the operations of Nkwa Foundation.
We also organize a group tour to historical sites in Ghana. Groups larger than 3 can receive discounts, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your group qualifies.
One of the main objectives behind our internship programs is the need for cultural integration. We therefore provide home stay accommodation for our interns, enabling them to learn and integrate within the community and the local culture.
Interns are welcomed to raise funds to support the activities of the Nkwa Foundation or their host organization.